Terrains & Travaux is a benchmark scientific journal published on the campus of ENS Cachan.
Belonging to no theoretical school and with no pointed focus or theme, Terrains & Travaux means to promote the publication of original work based on a survey approach (thus the title) and to provide a publication space for studies undertaken by a new generation of academics, particularly in sociology, but also history, political science, ethnology, and economics. Its features—“Observations,” “Projects,” “Interviews,” “Surveys,” “Translations,” “Critical Reviews”—reveal the importance the editorial team places on the empirico-conceptual approach to the social sciences.
Since its inception, the journal has tackled innovative subjects and research approaches: Internet interactions (since 2000), the idea of legal consciousness, the paradox of embeddedness, the building of Europe from the bottom up, new urban cultures, gender and the question of sexualities, socio-technical devices, etc.
The journal is published twice yearly. For each issue, a call for contributions (thematic or otherwise) is widely circulated. Proposed articles are reviewed anonymously by two editors.
Pierre-Paul Zalio (ENS Cachan)
● Élodie Béthoux (ENS Cachan, IDHE)
● Éric Dagiral (Université Paris Descartes, CERLIS)
● Carine Ollivier (Université Rennes 2, CIAPS)
● Ashveen Peerbaye, editor-in-chief (Université Paris Est Marne-la-Vallée, LISIS)
● Anne Revillard (Sciences Po, OSC-LIEPP)
● Caroline Vincensini (ENS Cachan, IDHES)
● Pauline Barraud de Lagerie (Université Paris Dauphine, IRISSO)
● Antoine Bernard de Raymond (INRA, RITME)
● Jean-Samuel Beuscart (SENSE, Orange Labs)
● Vincent-Arnaud Chappe (EHESS, CEMS-IMM)
● Hélène Dufournet (Université de Toulouse, CERTOP)
● Antoine Hémon (Université Paris 1, ENS Cachan)
● Milena Jaksic (CNRS, ISP Cachan)
● Olivier Le Noé (Université Paris Ouest Nanterre, CeRSM)
● Élise Palomares (Université de Rouen, DYSOLA)
● Maxime Quijoux (CNRS, Printemps)
● Marie Trespeuch (SENSE, Orange Labs)
● Vinciane Zabban (Université Paris 13, EXPERICE)
Code of conduct
Read the code of conduct
Code of ethics
The Code of Ethics applicable to drafting committees and editorial boards of
academic journals offered on Cairn.info, including Terrains & travaux, is available on this page.
Print ISSN : 1627-9506
Online ISSN : 2104-3779
Publisher : ENS Cachan