The aim of Cairn.info is to help francophone publishers in social sciences and humanities navigate these complex times where their publications must be made available both in print and online.
To account for the diversity of the francophone scholarly publishing industry, Cairn.info offers a bespoke service to publishers.
The core of the offer consists of hosting and selling access to publications in social sciences and humanities on the www.cairn.info portal.
Other services are offered according to the needs of each publication:
- Conversion of current and/or back issues to an XML format structured according to the EruditArticle DTD, which is a requirement in order to be featured on the www.cairn.info portal.
- Typesetting and layout to create files that can be used to produce both the print and the online version.
- Subscription management, for both the print and the online version.
- Translation from the French, to help francophone publications to be read and discovered by non-French speakers scholars.
- Promotion & sales management for the online version of the publications once they are included in the packages offered by Cairn.info to its customers and prospects.